Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baked Salmon with Garden Goodies

Gaaaasp! I'm back. 14 weeks of pregnancy behind me. Time for some FOOD! How does Salmon sound?

We are on the tail of a massive Fall heat stroke, so it was time to enjoy the last of my garden goodies.


This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis. I used the last of my fresh tomatoes along with thyme and oregano from my garden.

It's a kid friendly meal too... I mean, who can't throw a bunch of items in foil and roll it up like a tootsie roll?  My kind of fun.

Baked Salmon with Garden Goodies

2 5 oz salmon filets

2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 small vine ripened tomatoes chopped

1 small shallot

1 tsp fresh thyme

1 tsp fresh oregano

salt and pepper



Set oven to 400 degrees.

Splash a little olive oil on your fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Chop up your tomato, shallot and herbs. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Stir well.


Smells so good, even fresh!


Place each salmon filet on it's own little sheet. Spoon the mixture over the filets evenly.


Twist up the ends of the foil. The fish will bake and steam in all those juices. Salmon candy?

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 min.


Just done.


Serve with lemony potatoes, fun veggie or with some power-house wilted greens (chard, spinach and kale combo sauteed with garlic and olive oil just for a min over medium heat). The BEST way to absorb vitamins out of vegetables is to serve with with a healthy fat- MUCH better absorbtion. So between the olive oil and the salmon, I think this tops the charts!

Gardenlicious!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I'm making it right now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete