Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Husband Cookies: Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip

Simple post today.

I've found and tweaked a cookie recipe and it's worth sharing.  Actually it's worth shouting about!

My camera was in a drawer full of receipts, legos and old pens, so I decided that I would post the recipe with a final shot and call it a day.  Let's be honest, you just want the straight facts, no fluff.

These may be the best over-all cookies I've ever made.  My husband went crazy for them and he's a cookie connoisseur.  Let's review the facts:

-They have chocolate chips in them.  Obvious necessity.

-They have peanut butter chips in them.  This was a genius move if I don't say so myself.

-They have oatmeal in them.  BLENDED oatmeal.  This makes their fabulous texture.


I found the base recipe on Pinterest under "Neiman Marcus Cookies"and figured they couldn't have that name and be all that bad.  Story goes that the recipe had originally gone for $200 once.  What?!  So you go, and you're welcome!  Plus I added the peanut butter chips.  BAM.

1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups blended/food processed oatmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag dark chocolate chips
1 bag peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.

Blend your oats if you haven't already.  Mix in your dry ingredients.

Lastly add your chips.  

Bake cookies for 10 minutes.

They. Are. Amazing.

Oh and.... something to celebrate!  My son doesn't cry when I turn the mixer on anymore!  Progress!!!  

1 comment:

  1. As the husband I can assure you they are every bit as good as Noelle says they are. Seriously hard to beat with these ingredients. And for the record, they were REESE'S peanut butter chips she used... the best ever!

    ReplyDelete