Saturday, January 11, 2014

Embarrassingly Simple: Crock Pot Shredded Steak Tacos


When I saw the words "crock pot" and "tacos" in a post from one of my favorite bloggers, I knew this was gonna be a must try.  And guys, really... it's not just a must try, it's a must try and make once a week!  This meal is going to become an EASY go-to for the Ritter fam.  Plus the leftovers for lunch... wow.

It is so simple.  You are not going to believe the time you find yourself with during the day.  I actually got out my wedding album scrap book and flipped through it... ya, that kind of time!  Alright alright, my kid was having a banner day, but nonetheless, SUPER easy and RIDICULOUSLY yummy.


Instructions:

Put all ingredients into the crock pot, starting with the flank steak and piling the veggies and spices on top.

Cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove steak and shred with a fork.  Mix back in with the juices and serve.

WHAT?!  YES, it was that simple.

Crock Pot Shredded Steak Tacos 

(Thank you Eatliverun.com for your constant inspiration!)


2 pounds flank steak

1 yellow onion chopped

1 green bell pepper chopped

1 red bell pepper chopped

1 jalapeño (seeds removed) chopped

2 tsp chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp dried minced onion

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper


For taco assembly:

white corn tortillas

jack cheese

avocado

fresh salsa



Throw it all in!


Chopping your veggies is probably the "hardest" part.  But I do love a good chop.


Oh, what to do for 8 hours... look at your massive clean up?!  Ha.


Assemble and devour.  All three of us were silent at the table.  Silent, aside from the licking of our fingers after each taco.  These were too good not to share.


2 comments:

  1. Gotta love a good taco. I never thought to try flank steak. I'm starting to dust off my slow cooker, but my pressure cooker is my super fast ferrari when I want to braise in a hurry. I could eat tacos once a week no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum looks good! i love tacos!

    styleandchocoaltes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete