Saturday, January 22, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan


Thought I should post something simple.  A quick "go to."  I love asparagus.  It defines that balance between bitter and sweet in a vegetable.

Some of you know that Chris, my husband, is an independent book seller.  He brought me home one of Ina's Garten's older books after a recent estate sale.  I immediately littered it with posted notes.  I usually grill my asparagus, but this roasting technique with my favorite ingredients to pair with this lovely veg, proved to be quite successful on plate and palate.



Heat oven 400 degrees.


Cut off bottom third of the stalks (general rule of thumb) after rinsing them.  Place on roasting pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.


Crack and grind sea salt and black pepper.

Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.  I used medium to large stalks, the tiny ones will cook much more quickly.


Arrange on platter immediately and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and watch it melt like fresh snow hitting a hot tail pipe.  Squeeze lemon wedge over them just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment