Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies

I'm new to Pinterest.  What a big world of opportunity and sharing!  I'm nervous people have started to follow my boards and I want to shout "wait! I'm not organized yet!" It's like your dinner guests coming an hour early.  Oh well... "they can watch me learn."  I must admit, I have been caught up by a few recipes.  This is this is the result of one of them.  Thanks to sweetestkitchen.com 


You will not be disappointed by these cookies.  They are everything you want in a peanut butter cookie, then add your my love affair with Nutella. They are divinely scrumptious.  And they won't last long.  You'll find yourself justifying having just one more every time.  Good or bad thing? You choose.

Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies

Set oven for 350 degrees.

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but you can use smooth too)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Nutella



Mix together wet ingredients.


Then add your dry ingredients.


Open that bran spank'in new jar of Nutella.  Don't lie, you used this recipe as an excuse to get a "whole new one," because the opened one probably won't be enough and you'll just have to finish it by yourself itself.

Swirl the Nutella into the mixture with a knife.  No mixing needed.  You want to see the swirl.  I made that mistake when making my Nutella yogurt cake a while back.  It's a cosmetic mistake. Still tastes good.


So stir gently and chill covered in the fridge for 15 min.


Roll into one inch balls and using a fork squash them kindly into a criss-cross pattern.  Chris was helping me with this part. I tended to dinner for just a moment and the one inch balls had quickly become 3 inch balls.  He's always trying to convince me that bigger cookies are better.  I'm a small cookie fan myself.  That way you can have one for lunch and still feel good about it.  


Bake for 8-10 min. Careful not to over bake.


Let cool a minute on the pan and then let cool completely on drying rack.
If you have actually made it this far without trying the dough, DO SO NOW!


These cookies are good for a thousand words.  My uses would be:

-"I don't tell you often enough what an amazing friend you are."
-"I'm sorry for my attitude, take these as my make up gift?"
-"PMS sucks, hope these get you through the week."
Or lastly -"yes I love you this much."

5 comments:

  1. Pinterest is dangerous. I'm on it, and I can easily lose track of time. So, guess what? I'm pinning these to make very soon. This is so weird, but I have two jars of Nutella and I have never tasted it. What's wrong with me? Perfectionist that I am (with recipes), I'm waiting for the right recipe to go for it. I think these might do the trick, as my thin husband loves PB. Fortunately, I'm neutral on PB, and that's a good thing. It means I can eat one or two of these, and walk away. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...nutella and peanut butter, what could be better than that? yum!

    ReplyDelete